I am writing to officially bring to your notice that the General Assembly (G.A) of this institution had her first and inaugural sitting for the 2014/2015 Academic year on the 25 October, 2014; at FBMS Theatre.
The meeting which lasted for about nine (9) hours, starting from 4:00 pm through 1:30 am had about 240 members in attendance; which comprises accredited members and few observers. The agenda for the meeting included amongst others the following:
- Swearing-in of the new leadership of the house
- Dissolution of the 2013/2014 house
- Inauguration of the 2014/2015 house
- Presentation of Report by Audit Report Implementation Committee (ARIC)
- State of Council address by SRC President
- Other matters (AOB)
The house in her meeting resolved as follows:
- EVANS SIAW DANKYI SPEAKER
- ADEPOJU HARRY ADETUNJI-AFOLABI CHIEF CLERK
were confirmed by the house as the speaker and chief clerk (Leadership of the house) of the General Assembly respectively.
- That PATRICK KEKELI AGBEKO was confirmed as the Chief Justice of the SRC for 2014/2015 academic year.
- That starting from October 25, 2014, honourable members (accredited) of the house shall be paid forty Ghana Cedi (GH¢ 40) as allowance after every non-emergency meeting.
- That the Chief Justice of the council, His Lordship, Agbeko Kekeli Patrick should immediately start prosecution of the 2013/2014 SRC Executives and non-executives who served the council but were indicted by the 2013/2014 SRC Audit Report and ratified by the Audit Report Implementation Committee (ARIC). His Lordship was so instructed to start prosecution today Monday 27 October, 2014 with the arrest of such persons.
- That the 2014/2015 Financial Committee of the SRC, duly correct errors detected on the 2014/2015 SRC Budget and return to defend it at an emergency meeting of the house before deliberations on it and passage before it will be implemented by the council.
- That the house adjoin siting to enable members go home to rest for the Sunday service and return whenever the leadership of the house calls for an emergency meeting.
Mr. President, as the Chief Clerk of the General Assembly I have been directed by the leadership of the house, in line with provisions of the SRC constitution to write to your office to keep you informed with the decisions of the General Assembly, since the SRC constitution mandates you to implement decisions of the General Assembly as stated in Article 8, section B, subsection ix.
Thanks for your anticipated cooperation.
ADETUNJI-AFOLABI ADEPOJU HARRY.
(CHIEF CLERK, GENERAL ASSEMBLY).Share this on Social Media